- Director of the Institute for Health and the Environment at the University of Albany
- Con to the question "Is Cell Phone Radiation Safe?"
“The health endpoints that have been reported to be associated with ELF and/or RF include childhood leukemia, adult brain tumors, childhood brain tumors, genotoxic effects (DNA damage and micronucleation), neurological effects and neurodegenerative disease, immune system disregulation, allergic and inflammatory responses, breast cancer in men and women, miscarriage and some cardiovascular effects…
Given the scientific evidence at hand, the rapid deployment of new wireless technologies that chronically expose people to pulsed RF at levels reported to cause bioeffects, which in turn, could reasonably be presumed to lead to serious health impacts, is a public health concern. A public health action level that implements preventative action now is warranted, based on the collective evidence…
[I]t is not unreasonable to question the safety of RF at any level.”
“Key Scientific Evidence and Public Health Policy Recommendations,” published as part of the “BioInitiative Report,” available at www.bioinitiative.org, July 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the study of cell phones. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to the study of cell phones.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Director, Institute for Health and the Environment, State University of New York at Albany
- Professor, Environmental Health and Toxicology, School of Public Health, State University of New York at Albany
- Member, Board of Directors, Pacific Basin Consortium for Hazardous Waste Research and Management
- Editorial Advisor, Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Public Health Management and Practice
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health
- Host, The Public Radio Health Show
- Former Research Physician, Wadsworth Center for Laboratories and Research
- Former Director, New York State Powerlines Project
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- None found
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Is Cell Phone Radiation Safe?