- Professor of Oncology and Cancer Epidemiology at the University Hospital in Orebro (Sweden)
- Con to the question "Is Cell Phone Radiation Safe?"
“There is a consistent pattern of increased risk for glioma (a malignant brain tumor) and acoustic neuroma with use of mobile and cordless phones…
Epidemiological evidence shows that radiofrequency should be classified as a human carcinogen. The existing FCC/IEE and ICNIRP public safety limits and reference levels are not adequate to protect public health.”
“BioInitiative 2012 Report Issues New Warnings on Wireless and EMF,” bioinitiative.org, Jan. 7, 2013
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the study of cell phones. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to the study of cell phones.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Professor of Oncology and Cancer Epidemiology, University Hospital in Orebro (Sweden), May 1, 2001-present
- Vice President, European Society of Environmental Health, Nov. 2006-present
- Consultant, Department of Oncology, University Hospital in Orebro (Sweden), Aug. 1, 1991-present
- Member, World Health Organization (WHO) International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) Monograph Working Group
- Member, Editorial Board, American Journal of Industrial Medicine
- Recipient, European Journal of Cancer Prevention Research Prize, Nov. 2005
- Researcher, molecular genetic epidemiology, Swedish Medical Research Council, July 1, 1994-June 30, 2000
- Chairman, Örebro County Council Radiation Protection Committee, July 1, 1995-Dec. 31, 1998
- Former Associate Professor of Oncology, University of Umeå
- Research Fellow, School of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley, Aug. 20, 1984-Aug. 19, 1985
- Recipient, Fernström Award, University of Umeå, Oct. 9, 1982
- MD, University of Uppsala (Sweden), 1971
- PhD, school unknown
- None found
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Is Cell Phone Radiation Safe?