- Con to the question "Is Cell Phone Radiation Safe?"
“[T]here has been an unprecedented explosion in the availability and use of non-ionizing electromagnetic fields for electrical and wireless communications technologies (mobile and cordless phones, WiFi and WIMAX networks, RFID, etc,)…
We are concerned about the body of evidence that indicates that exposure to electromagnetic fields interferes with basic human biology and may increase the risk of cancer and other chronic diseases… Recent research indicates that electromagnetic fields could cause detrimental health effects even at very low levels of exposure…
We are deeply concerned that current uses of non-ionizing radiation for mobile phones, wireless computers and other technologies place at risk the health of children and teens, pregnant women, seniors and others who are most vulnerable due to age or disability.”
“Puerto Alegre Resolution,” signed by 35 international scientists, www.icems.eu, Sep. 15, 2009
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
“The International Commission for Electromagnetic Safety (ICEMS) is a non-profit organization that promotes research to protect public health from electromagnetic fields and develops the scientific basis and strategies for assessment, prevention, management and communication of risk, based on the precautionary principle.”
Home Page, www.icems.eu (accessed Feb. 18, 2010)
“This organization is founded for the purpose of promoting research to protect public health from electromagnetic fields and to develop the scientific basis and strategies for assessment, prevention, management and communication of risk, based on the precautionary principle [as well as]…
1. Issuing guidelines for safety of the general public and occupationally exposed workers from exposure to electric, magnetic and electromagnetic fields in the frequency range between 0 Hz and 300 GHz.
2. Promotion and coordination of scientific research and review of scientific literature.
3. Communication of the rationale for the guidelines and of preliminary results of studies concerning these guidelines, addressed particularly to national, regional and local governments as well as to international organizations that issue public health, occupational health and environmental policies.
4. Carry out studies and promote discussion within the scientific community concerning all aspects of effects of electric, magnetic and electromagnetic fields.”
“ICEMS Constitution Act,” www.icems.eu (accessed Feb. 18, 2010)
- Nonprofit organization
- Contact Info: